What is reverse marketing and how does it work?
One of the most important factors for all companies that are active in the field of marketing and selling products is the discussion of advertising and how to supply goods, and we teach you reverse marketing.
One of the most popular methods today is reverse advertising.
By using psychological methods, reverse marketing has become one of the most powerful methods to supply and present products.
Many different companies use this advertising model to make people more aware and attractive to introduce their products or services.
We at Selectaak want to explain more about this method and state the advantages and disadvantages of reverse marketing and introduce some of these advertising models to you.
What is reverse advertising?
Reverse advertising is a type of marketing in which instead of the marketer, company or company looking for customers and consumers, the customer is encouraged to look for the desired company or product.
An example of reverse advertising to persuade the user
The strategy of this type of marketing is helped by reverse psychology. In this way, we draw their attention to our product by taking a targeted stance towards the customer, and then proceed to sell it.
You should try all advertising ways to get more users for your site and online store. Due to the practicality of this type of marketing, you can get loyal users. In this way, people will search for your brand or keyword along with your brand in Google to enter your site.
In this way you will get organic inputs from Google. Also, with Buy Organic Traffic from Selectaak, you can improve this important site SEO parameter.
Reverse advertising can sometimes attract the user's opinion by being different, and there is a high chance that that person will become a customer of your brand.
How does reverse advertising work?
Traditional marketing works on the basis of imposition and coercion.
In this type of marketing, sellers must look for consumers and sell their products to customers in different ways.
But in reverse marketing, the procedure is completely different. In this method, the seller gains the trust of the consumer by providing complete features and instructions, necessary guidance for buying products.
In this method, sellers should attract the attention of the consumer by providing different information about the product and also by creating a concern and then providing a solution to it, which is naturally the desired product.
Also, by using different methods, it should focus the customer's feelings and emotions on the fact that the providing company cares about its consumers and always prioritizes the customer's satisfaction and health.
Some examples of reverse marketing in today's world
Dove's Real Beauty campaign focused on women's natural beauty instead of directly promoting their products. By using real female models, he promoted natural beauty as a value in women's appearance.
Patagonia is also a famous company in the field of clothing production and sales. In the Don't Buy This campaign, which was formed close to Black Friday, the company suggested its customers to think twice and not rush into making decisions.
"Don't buy this" did not mean that they should not buy the company's products, but it was a slogan for customers to choose the best product for purchase with full knowledge and careful consideration.
Reverse Marketing Campaign, Don't Buy This!
Another company that operates in the field of pharmaceuticals is Swati Spentose. This company launched a campaign to support people suffering from rare diseases.
By promising that we are responsible and committed to the health of our patients, this foundation used reverse advertising to gain the trust of consumers.
So far, we have seen that the big companies of the world use reverse marketing to supply and provide their services as good as possible. - Now the question may arise, what techniques will improve reverse marketing more?
How to use reverse marketing well?
Reverse advertising consists of three general steps, which are:
- Being known by the customer
- Knowledge of customer demand and needs
- Providing appropriate information and sales services
Below, we describe some useful tactics to perform the above steps as well as possible.
- Try to put yourself in the place of the customer and check the needs and wants of the consumer from his point of view, then offer your products accordingly.
- The way of providing services and advertisements should be simple, uncomplicated and understandable so that the consumer can easily find what he is looking for.
- In reverse marketing, use various tools such as brochures, surveys to compare with competitors and recommendations of experts to gain customer trust.
- It is better to use internet advertising as well. In this way, the customer can be aware of your new products, prices and other services in real time.
- Maintain communication with customers and be constantly aware of the performance and results of using the products. This work makes the strengths and weaknesses of the products to be known and the trust of the consumer to be gained.
The importance of using reverse marketing
The upside of your ads can create a sense of curiosity among potential customers. In this situation, you will have a better chance to convert them into loyal customers of your brand. By using this type of advertising, you can help build your personal brand or personal branding.
Let's give an example: You must have seen videos or posts on social networks such as Instagram, in which it is announced that you should not read the video or the further reading is not interesting for you! This is exactly the condition that increases human curiosity to read that post or watch the video.
In selling products or services, if reverse marketing is used correctly, it can create such a sense of curiosity in users.
Where is it better to use reverse advertising?
It is true that this method has shown a very good performance and has almost replaced the traditional methods, but it should be kept in mind that this method cannot be used always and everywhere. In this section, we will teach you in which situations, reverse advertising works best.
First of all, keep in mind that in this method you should not use coercion, threats and scare the customer.
For example, if a customer used another brand, you should not use the destruction of that company's brand and scare the consumer about the consequences of using other products to promote your company's product. With this, the customer becomes scared and pessimistic about your products.
It is usually better for well-known companies and established brands to use this method. Since these companies have found a reliable position with the customer, they do not need to prove themselves and force the customer to buy the product.
So they should only focus on how to present the product, rather than persuading the customer to use the new product.
The reverse recovery strategy is not recommended for start-up companies.
Due to the lack of customer awareness of the brand and lack of a strong resume, these companies should first establish their position in the market with the help of traditional methods and then go for reverse marketing.
Advantages and disadvantages of using reverse marketing method
So far, you have fully familiarized yourself with reverse advertising and how it works. For a better review, in this section, we will describe the advantages and disadvantages of this method.
Advantages of using reverse marketing
- The best choice: due to the provision of complete and suitable information regarding the products, the customer has the ability to choose the best product by comparing and measuring the criteria he wants.
- Giving importance to the customer: according to the various methods mentioned in the product supply, this method makes the customers feel more valued.
- More accreditation to the company: As much as the satisfaction and popularity of the company increases with the customer, its credibility and status will also increase.
- Greater profitability: With the increase in popularity and credibility with the customer, the demand for products increases and leads to the development and growth of the company and, as a result, higher income generation.
Disadvantages of using reverse marketing
- This marketing method is not suitable for new companies and inexperienced people to sell new products.
- There is a possibility of negative and critical feedback after the successful presentation of the product.
Reverse advertising is a good way to offer products and branding
Nowadays, when it comes to advertising, advertising is considered as a practical and practical method.
Due to the use of deceptive methods used by various advertising methods, people do not have a good view of advertisements.
Reverse marketing by using humanitarian and customer-oriented methods has been able to attract the attention of large companies.
Using this method, sellers have been able to win the trust of customers and help increase the company's income.
In this article, we tried to take a comprehensive look at the subject of reverse advertising and examine its uses, advantages and disadvantages. We hope that the presented material will be useful for you, dear reader.